Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tatum's Broken Heart

Today Tatum was in a time out in her room. When I went into her room to talk to her about what she had done I saw her crying on the side of her bed holding a princess computer. I asked her why she was crying and this is what she said:
T- "You broke my heart"
M- (not understanding her through the sobs) "I broke what?"
T- "You broke my heart"
M- (still not understanding) "I broke what?"
T- "This" (pointing to the heart shaped lock on her computer)
M- "I broke your lock?"
T- "No, my heart. You broke my heart."
M- "How did I break the heart?" (thinking she was referring to the computer)
T- "No, you broke my heart in my throat." (any internal organ above the stomach is in her throat.)
M- "How did I do that?"
T- "When you where mad at me and yelled. You broke my heart."
Needless to say we had a conversation about how when she was not obedient she breaks my heart and that if she starts listening I won't have to get mad. I am still trying to figure out where she heard the phrase "You broke my heart".

1 comment:

Nordy's said...

So cute... you wonder where they get that from. Jayden has started to tell me that I don't love her anymore. WHAT in the world? How does this happen?