Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tatum's nap time

Life with Tatum is always interesting. You never know what she is going to do and you can never take your eye off of her or else bad things happen. Like the time she killed a hamster or when she locked herself in a bathroom and painted every inch (and I mean every inch) of her body with hot pink nail polish. Nap time with her has always been a challenge (for those of you who know her you understand how much she hates sleep.) It takes me laying her down at least 20 times and telling her every five minutes to go to sleep. Instead of sleeping she usually makes some kind of mess in her room that I have clean up. In fact it is so hard that I gave up on naps when she was 15 months old. It takes more effort than it is worth and its not like she was sleeping anyway. When we lived in Lubbock it was really easy to keep an eye on her during naps because we were in a single level apartment, but now we are in a townhouse. This is Tatum's dream come true because she can be on a different level from mom and I can't see or hear her. Oh the messes that have happened in the month we have been here (but those stories are for another day). The other day I had things to do and she had been up until 10 the night before, so I thought she has got to sleep because she is tired. I put her down and went downstairs to clean up the kitchen, and that was my mistake. While she was suppose to be napping she found our camera and went crazy. She went to every room and just snapped away. The only room that she did not get to was the kitchen. Mom was in there and she did not want to get caught. I caught her once she hit the living room. Most of her pictures were blury, but there were some that turned out okay. At least this nap time activity was easy to clean up.









4 comments:

chiara family said...

nice job our little photographer. I love it this is truely a Tatum moment

The Tilley Turf said...

Oh Tatum...Tatum...your poor mom! I've never considered the two story townhouse problem. I've always wanted two levels, but after hearing that I'm not so anxious about it!

Maddock Family said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that Geoff Johnson (Amy) passed away yesterday. SO SAD!!!! It is on her blog www.amarajohnson.blogspot.com. Hope you all are doing well.
Love
Kim MADDOCK

Lindsey said...

Too funny! Haven's been anti-nap lately too...I hope it doesn't stick!