Sunday, December 21, 2008

Morning Conversation

This was the conversation at breakfast yesterday,
Jaden and Tatum were singing "Santa Claus is coming to town"
Tatum (in her I know everything voice): "Jaden, Christmas is not about Santa, it is about Jesus"
(I thought to myself, yes she finally got it.)
Jaden: " I know, but Heavenly Father is like Santa because he gave us a gift. Do you know what that gift was?"
Tatum: "Was it a car?"
Jaden: "No"
Tatum: "Um a Barbie?"
Jaden: "No"
Tatum: " Um a Disney Princess computer with a piano?"
Jaden: "No Tatum, He gave us Jesus who died for us."
Tatum: "Well that is the silliest gift I have ever heard of"
I guess we still have a lot of teaching to do.

3 comments:

Ms.Speaking said...

That is a VERY cute story. Thanks for sharing it. Merry Christmas.

Nordy's said...

That is hysterical... I am over here seriously cracking up and can just hear her saying it!

Gaylene said...

That is so funny. You just never know what kids are going to say huh! Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas. I heard you guys have lots of SNOW!