Monday, January 5, 2009

Still small

For the past week all we have heard from Tatum was that she was big because she is a Sunbeam now. She can do everything on her own and does not need help (or so she thinks). Today she learned that she is still small.
It snowed here today (again) and our sidewalks were covered in the horrible white stuff. She was looking at her footprints in the snow as she walked to the house and looked up at me with the look of someone who just had their world crash around them. I asked her what was wrong and this was what she said.
"I thought that because I was a Sunbeam I was big, but my footprints are still small". That was followed by crying and explaining that she still is small, but everyday she gets bigger. It is a sad day when you realize what you thought is not what is real, especially when you are 3.

1 comment:

Ms.Speaking said...

What a cute story. Thanks for sharing it.